As a parent of twins with disabilities, and an expert in the field of disability studies, Andrea Foster offers a unique perspective on the Church and disability. In this seminar Andrea will provide practical ministry tools and answer some key questions regarding disability ministry within the Church context.
Topics discussed include:
- How leaders can support and include people with disabilities and their families in the Church
- Creative ways to include and involve people with disabilities in church programs
- How to interact with people with various disabilities
- Common traits/impairments people may have which require extra support
- Suggestions for taking the disability ministry conversation further
- Person-first language
- Myths about autism
- Key practical strategies for handling challenging situations
- Practical ways to accommodate
- Tips for teaching and including
- Frequently asked questions
- What if I can’t understand someone’s speech?
- How do I teach God’s Word?
- What if someone is Violent?
- What is wrong with him/her?
- Some Dos and Don’ts
- May 4 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- November 15 @ 4:00 pm - November 17 @ 11:30 am